Techsmith Camtasia Overview
Start Creating Amazing Videos Today. Make professional-quality videos quickly and easily with Camtasia. Record your screen or upload an existing video, then bring the “Wow!” with effects, music, and much more.
Features of Techsmith Camtasia
- Start Fast
Camtasia is quick to learn. You don’t need a big budget or fancy video editing skills. Start with a template or just record your screen and add a few effects.
- Feel Confident
Whether you have experience or this is your first time making a video, we’ll give you everything you need to make a high-quality video.
- Engage Viewers
Create content your viewers actually watch. A video will give you more interaction and help your audience to learn more than with text alone.
Pre-built video templates reduce editing time. Create custom templates for videos you frequently make.
- Camtasia Packages
Share templates, libraries, themes, shortcuts, favorites, and presets in a single file.
- Favorites & Presets
Instantly access your most used tools and effects. Save custom styles and configurations for frequent use.
Record anything on your computer screen–websites, software, video calls, or PowerPoint presentations.
- Simplified Editing
Camtasia’s simple drag-and-drop editor makes adding, removing, trimming, or moving sections of video or audio a breeze.
- Pre-Built Assets
Customize any of the royalty-free assets in the Camtasia library and add them to your video for a professional polish.
Camtasia records exactly what you want–the entire screen, specific dimensions, a region, a window, or an application.
Add a personal touch to your videos by adding crisp video and audio straight from your webcam.
- (Mic + System)
Record and edit your audio clips using a microphone, the sound from your computer, or import clips to get the perfect audio for your video.
Choose from our library of royalty-free music and sound effects to insert into your recordings.
Turn your presentation into a video. Record with the PowerPoint Add-In or import slides directly into Camtasia.
- Media Import
Import video, audio, or image files from your computer, mobile device, or the cloud and drop them right into your recording.
Add quizzes and interactivity to encourage and measure learning in your videos.
- iOS Capture
Connect your iOS device directly to your Mac, or Use the TechSmith Capture app for PC to record directly from the screen, then add gesture effects to simulate taps, swipes, and pinches in your video.
Use callouts, arrows, shapes, lower thirds, and sketch motion to highlight important points in your video.
Use transitions between scenes and slides to improve the flow of your videos.
Camtasia gives you pre-made animations that take your video to the next level. Customize your animation, create behaviors, or zoom in, zoom out, and pan animations to your screen recordings.
- Cursor FX
Highlight, magnify, spotlight, or smooth the motion of your cursor to create a professional and polished look to any video.
Stay on the brand by creating themes to keep a consistent look and feel in your videos.
- Device Frames
Apply device frames to your videos to make them appear as though they are playing on a desktop, laptop, or mobile device screen.
- Video Table of Contents
Add an interactive table of contents to your video to create navigation points for your viewers.
- Closed Captions
Add captions directly to your recordings to ensure your videos are understood by all.
- (Green Screen)
Replace backgrounds and insert footage videos quickly and easily to add an extra wow factor to your videos.
- Audio FX
Reduce background noise, even out audio levels, add audio points, adjust pitch and gain, and much more to ensure high-quality audio in your videos.
Instantly upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, Screencast, or your online video course.
System Requirements for Techsmith Camtasia
RAM: 8 GB
Processor: Intel® 8th Gen or newer CPU – or AMD Ryzen™ 2000 Series or newer CPU
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) 20H2 version or later
Space Required: 2 GB
- Increased the size of the webcam in the default Editor layout when importing a .trec file.
- Projects that are imported from Rev will not have a background applied automatically if the screen recording or camera recording fills the entire canvas, unless Background Removal has been applied.
- Added a tooltip to Camtasia Rev that displays details about Rev backgrounds.
- The Batch Exporter now accepts MP4 and TREC files as source media for batch export.
- Added option to Preferences: Automatically delete oldest proxy files when filesize exceeds a threshold.
- Source media that are detected as being in cloud-backed storage locations are now proxied by default. This behavior can be turned off in the Preferences menu.
- Camtasia will now warn the user when the temporary storage location is set to cloud-backed storage, which is not recommended.
- It is now possible to drag-and-drop projects and/or media into the Batch Export dialog.
- The Batch Exporter now supports "Create multiple files from markers."
- Improved the look of the Record button in Camtasia Home.
- Added a Camtasia Rev layout that mimics legacy Camtasia behavior with no background.
- Miscellaneous performance improvements.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when dragging an AVI or WMV source file under the playhead.
- Fixed network security prompt not showing in the installed languages.
- Fixed a memory leak with timeline media
- Fixed a bug that could create an invalid caption when trimming the beginning of the project's first caption.
- ESC key back to work to exit sync caption now
- During Voice Narration and sync captions the downloads button and the record flyout button are now disabled.
- Dynamic Backgrounds and other shader-based media no longer skip after a Ripple Delete.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a trial dialog to briefly appear for users that already have a valid Camtasia license.
- Improved the default Background Removal quality to Accurate for users with discrete video cards.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash or other undesired behavior when editing cursors on stitched media.
- fix sometimes noise removal failed when clicking Analyze
- Fixed a bug that could cause some videos to flip when visual effects were applied.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent captions from scrolling properly while syncing.
- Fixed a bug in the Modern Exporter that could cause changed settings to be lost when switching tabs.
- Fixed issue where recording toolbar button tooltips could show up in the recording.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when saving to a standalone project.
- Improved consistency of visual effects between different types of source media including differences with Lottie files and proxy media in the Editor.
- Fixed a bug that could create multiple undo points when reverting while cropping.